Martin Luther King Jr.

Martin Luther King Jr.
M. L. King Jr. (January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968)

10/15/2008

And the firestorm descended...

...well. I wrote something last night, and scheduled it to be posted it at midnight tonight, but I ended up writing this, in response to an email sent to me. and I decided this was better. I'll probably let that other post go up too, but this is more important.

"Firstly, I think that everything you've said, and Alex too, is real. I don't challenge you on any point.

What I wrote was largely inappropriate, and disrespectful.

I haven't been able to show my appreciation for you. I haven't been able to show my respect for you. I didn't feel like I could do it in writing. It wouldn't do the job.

I did the most I could to have real conversation with you. I was hoping I could show you at least that much respect. But everything I had wasn't enough. So it goes.

While I won't defend that post, I'm not apologizing for it either.

Because you're right, I've got a lot of pressure on me right now, and there are nights were I come home and I hear the stories about concerts and fires on beaches and its frustrating. Its frustrating because I haven't had a day off since the beginning of August.

I just think that it's important that we all look at those posts as moments, and we all have moment's when our vision is narrowed.

I'm not approaching that blog as a way to capture my most conscience self, but my least. More an outlet to capture some of the flashes of inspiration and frustration that hit me from day to day than soap box to preach from. Maybe it's irresponsible blogging, but at the same time, I got to hear a lot more of people's opinions than I've heard for months.

And the frankness and honesty was appreciated."

Thank you all, for your responses. I need you, and sometimes I'm going to forget that.

Thanks for reminding me.

No comments: