Martin Luther King Jr.

Martin Luther King Jr.
M. L. King Jr. (January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968)

10/16/2008

I'll never say "sorry"

Luke Grosser taught us to respect every POV.

He also taught us never to say sorry.

What I do know is that almost entirely, each and every one of you were correct and right and real, in your response to me. I owe you more than a blog post, and I hope to reach you before this blog gets posted (I delayed the post a little bit, so that I could reach all of you). No, this post is about moving forward.

For me, right now, I am prone to moments of frustration. I'm working 16-18 hour days. That means that I get very few outlets for dealing with a lot of the tension and anxiety I feel. And there is a lot of that.

Sometimes, its going to manifest itself in a way that is negative, or insulting, or demeaning.

Please, call me out for it. I'm not going to ask for your understanding, because I've already got it. I'm not going to ask you to ignore me, because my frustration is real too.

I'm certainly not going to ask for your forgiveness.

The reality is that I'm always going to have moments of self-centered frustration, and it may on occasion manifest itself here. So don't be surprised if it pops up again.

No comments: