Martin Luther King Jr.

Martin Luther King Jr.
M. L. King Jr. (January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968)

10/06/2008

28 days

I'm worried. I'm so worried about what's coming down the pike. The worst side of America has yet to rear its ugly head, and it will within the next 28 days.

I had a friend who told me today story that made me want to cry.

He was confronted by some ignorant thugs in a gas station. Mike called it a "tattoo convention" inside of a gas station. One of the girls in the crowd, I guess, turns to her boyfriend and says,

"Look at that nigger wearing his Obama t-shirt."

By the end of that night, Mike ended up with his face kicked, hands cuffed, and slapped with a disorderly conduct ticket.

This is only the beginning.

The hate will reign down on us as if we were sinners. A righteous fury will attempt to damn us for our transgression. People in gas stations will see themselves as God.

But this movement, we are stronger than their God.

Stronger, because we don't need to be right.
Stronger, because we will never be put down.
Stronger, because no one is an outsider.

No comments: